BOOK REVIEW: THE SUBTLE ART OF NOT GIVING A FUCK


I have always been trying hard to make a good distance from this kind of ‘training the mind, self-help shit; but almost after two years of abandoning the idea of not giving the fuck for such book, I succumbed to this flamboyant orange-cover with some bold abusive word. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck is a Mark Manson’s second book following the other book; Models: Attract Women Through Honesty. 
It doesn’t hit on your face right hard, this book doesn’t give you any philosophical logic of life at all, but people are always transcending towards values of life or better living concept. No individual can teach us how to live or behave with others, but it is, factually, innate in all peoples. 

The title is fucking attractive and the book has a full of sympathetic ideas of how to live life well or better yet, Mark Manson’s way is; not giving a fuck for anything.  
I had to take a break from prodigious writing and pour over myself to Mark’s ‘a counterintuitive approach to living a good life’. Mark’s musing droplets are worthless. One big mistake in not going to the thrift store is you must buy the-hype-to-go books. Simply the subtle art of not giving a fuck has been just a hype or one brick in the pile of self-development book, you aren’t going to get anything new except poor lesson or fable. The book has swamped with a lot of mindfulness, being positiveness, wellbeing, welfare, and comfort. Mark’s text is near to the Stoicism, coined by Zeno Citium, which helps to develop personal’s ethics by dropping off the desire for pleasure or fear of pain. 

Here I would love to add similar thought by Chanakya: (also known as Kautilya, c. 350-275 BCE, was an Indian statesman and philosopher) Not controlling the senses is the road to adversity and sorrow.  Conquering the senses is the road to prosperity and happiness. Choose either of the two which you like; that is your decision.
In my opinion, such a book gives us more uncomfortable rather than a respectable feeling because when people started reading such a thing they will think their life is full of negativity, but negativity doesn’t exist. Now a day’s social media and most of the web is flooded with inspirational quotes which have just a flowery text. I know he writes candidly about our daily situation, but it won’t work in rational life. Mark Manson should read ancient Hinduism or Buddhist text of philosophy, it has more humble and realistic approach to give the lesson, or we can take Sartre or Camus, they have far better than Mark's arrogant speech. 
My friends, if you really stretch your hand to get self-help books, then you have a real problem, big problem. I have never built my test for this kind of bullshit because I never gave a good fuck for constructiveness, but my mind had played a little game with myself this time, the book’s bright color and very big screaming letters, and of course a big fuck gave me a bad repercussion and I bought this unsubtle art of writing. 
In fact, control over the mind is a tricky job. Mark is trying to create a miracle mind, which left me with a contemptuous smile.

I have two words left. Don’t try.

I give fucking 1 star out of 5.