BOOK REVIEW: THE DIARY OF A YOUNG GIRL


My rating 3 out of 5  
I came to know that we are the same creatures, Annie. You are running away or hiding from death and I am pretending to be alive.  We are scared, Annie. You are hiding & scribbling. I am locking away myself in a dungeon and reading an ambitious girl like you.





“It seems to me that later on neither I nor anyone else will be interested in the musings of a thirteen-year-old schoolgirl.” But your personal diary is being read and is still begin published enthusiastically in the whole wide world.





I kind of swayed away from your secret diary. At that time, you were a thirteen-year-old confused young lady, but your words were determined and faithful. I am going to toss this not-witty remarks because of I Fell in love with that overconfident, happy-go-lucky little girl. Oh, self-centered ambitious girl, you have done the scintillating job. She wrote somewhere "Paper has more patience than people."… I thought of this saying on one of those days when I was feeling a little depressed.” I am shedding true compliments, her courageous diary is so much vivid, simple and full of hope. When I was rattling through page by page, it felt like I was there with Annie, discovering Annex. Her writing is much akin to live with them together. She perfectly went down to every detail of the situation that gave me a terrible spasm.





“It’s just that I’d like to feel that Father really loves me, not because I’m his child, but because I’m me, Anne.” You could find such conceited words all over her diary. After falling in love with Peter, she made the words even sweeter and delicate. I am too smug.





The diary of a young girl is a true diary of Annie Mary Frank. During the second world war, her family went on hiding in Amsterdam from Hitler's wrong treatment. Whilst there, she wrote her diary starting from her 13th birthday on June 12, 1942. This diary has a story of two years of hiding in secret of eight people.





She was looking forward to freedom, but unfortunately, her diary ends on 1st August 1944, that must be a horrible day for her family. Notwithstanding, she wrote every belittle thing that happened in the Secret Annex. I found her enthusiastic, talkative and inquisitive and, most importantly, she was beautifully selfish. In such a tender age, she wrote subtly and gave every detail of the hiding place perfectly. If she would have been alive from that onslaught, she would write more fascinating stuff.





When I finished reading this self-important diary of yours, I was overwhelmed. I went to the world-wide-web and fumbled everything under Annie Frank. It’s silly!